Risk Management Overview
Risk Management, Cyber Security Solutions, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
There is a parallel between Risk Management and the struggle that a lot of organizations go through with disaster recovery. If Senior Management cannot, will not or is incapable of providing guidance about what is critical, then someone else is left in the position of creating a plan that typically ends up being more expensive than it needs to be. Sensitive data has the same issues. If we do not clearly define what is sensitive and what is not, an organization is left in the position of trying to guard everything.
Small Businesses and usually Medium sized businesses typically have problems dealing with their information technology. It is not uncommon to see a small business not have an employee dedicated to Information Technology (IT) and when they do, that person usually does not have time to pay attention to security or its impact on business. Cloud services promise a lot if there is not a great need for flexibility, but it is not a substitute for employee education.
Sleepless nights, overwhelming pressure from the regulations and fear of audits keep us awake at night and weigh down our technology staff. The decision to address these challenges is a key management issue, but the burden of delivery typically falls on our technology staff.
In comparison, life seemed so simple a few years ago. We just had to worry about the lights staying on at the stroke of midnight when the century changed. Now we have empowered our employees with modern technology and the overhead and complexity just seem to negate the benefits at times.
We know we need technology to compete, but our staff cannot keep up. We have a limited budget. How do we even know if we are doing the right things, addressing the highest priority challenges first, to protect our business, employees, customers and suppliers? Our systems are supposed to be safe and compliant one day and the next day we are running around patching systems.
We just about get our hands around one challenge and some breach or other vulnerability gets publicized and we are off and running again. It never seems to end. We feel lost and not in control like we would like to be.
- Concern about government regulators.
- Worries about the loss of business reputation, particularly in response to a data breach.
- Unpredictable legal expenses.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and what can legally be done to protect your resources.
- Not having the tools or resources to identify or manage risk factors.
- Staff productivity.
- Web filtering, employee monitoring, and data loss prevention.
- Laptop and phone location tracking and recovery from loss.
- On premise or cloud based service decision.
- Protection behind our walls and out in the world.
- Data loss and recovery.
- Operational continuity and disaster recovery.
- Managing backup media and failover response time.
- Outdated existing systems.
- Staying current and license management with software solutions.
- Anywhere access, any client connectivity for collaboration and data access.
- Messaging, collaboration, encryption and corporate identity.
- Overwhelmed by spam, virus, malware and other security risks and the threat of theft of private information.
- Automation, increased accuracy, more efficiency with reduced costs and greater profits.
- Better business tools for quicker and more accurate decision making.
- Pre-Data-Breach management preparedness.
- A defensible position with the regulators and legal system.
- Minimized client loss due to a data breach and loss of reputation.
- Ease of mind and comfort in knowing detection and protection is in place.
- Restoration of services.
- Management of the entire security process, not just a subset of unrelated events.
- Reducing risks to access critical information posed from external threats and insider attacks.
- The ability to respond rapidly to emerging threats with preemptive protection.
- Focus technology efforts on more strategic activities.
- On premise, in the cloud and hybrid solutions that scale with need.
- Location independence and centralized management.
- Elimination of the perimeter barrier. Anytime, anywhere threat management.
- Competitive pricing, Easy licensing and renewal for predictable operational expenses.
- Fast, near real time detection and recovery.
- Virtualized solutions to reduce the cost and complexity of deployment and compliance.
- Enterprise grade/level solutions at affordable pricing.
- Contact us to start the conversation and identify your real challenges and determine relative risks and potential improvements.
- Perform a high level overview analysis and review for potential solution fit.
- High level product overview or demo to gauge the effectiveness and organizational cultural fit.
- Budget review with decision makers.
- Departmental review with needs analysis, when necessary.
- In depth product review and demonstration to show how the solution addresses the challenges.
- Revised proposal for approval.
- When available provide a trail period for evaluation of effectiveness.
- Project plan for implementation.
- Training and implementation.
- Review effectiveness and implement updates when and where needed.