Does the lack of a comprehensive tool set or resources to identify and manage the risk factors in your organization keep you awake at night? Many organizations do not consider themselves a target to threats? What are the specific risk factors? What regulations are we responsible for? We know that we have compliance issues, but we are not sure we have a solution for all of them. Who do we contact? How do we even know what we need to do?
Should we purchase and install a solution on our premise or would a cloud based solution make more sense? Generally the same risks and exposures exist in both environments to varying degrees. Web based application attacks are a significant threat for customers in both environments, number one threat for in-cloud and number two for on-premise solutions.
A majority of attacks are opportunistic rather than targeted. Which means security managers should assume that vulnerabilities will be discovered and exploited, regardless of an organization’s likelihood of being specifically targeted. The top two threats are web application and brute force attacks. Employees are targets for the keys to the information they have access to.
What is your organization doing today to identify, test and remediate weaknesses in your solutions? Have you considered or have a plan to address mobile technology?
Organizations need to stop thinking boarders and reconsider these four components together and not separately when their people access internal information.
- Who are they (who is knocking at the door)?
- What device are they using at that specific point in time?
- Where are they physically when they attempt to access secure information?
- What information are they attempting to access?
How can we help you?
- Educate you so that you realize that you are vulnerable, you are a target and your data is a valuable commodity.
- Help you understand that you cannot completely isolate yourself from risk.
- If you have people in your organization or people were involved in building your organization or the tools and services you use, then you have risk.
- Engage with us and our services to identify and comply with regulations.
- Systems Security Overview (PDF document)
- Reaping the benefit of a unified approach (PDF document)
- IBM Security Threat Report (PDF document)